Timiskaming First Nation
Location: Timiskaming First Nation
Type of project: Drinking water
Type of water: Groundwater
Controlled parameters: Iron, manganese, organic carbons, and water hardness
Flow rate: 217 US gallons/min
- In 2014, the Algonquin Timiskaming First Nation drilled a new well to provide a constant supply of drinking water. At the time, Magnor was commissioned to treat the water for iron, manganese, and TOCs.
- In 2020, we were contacted again to treat water hardness.
- With the project on a tight schedule, we got the new system up and running within a week of delivery.
- One greensand filter
- Two anion exchange units
- One cation exchange unit and one 1-tonne saturator
- One control panel
- All tanks made of steel to provide the required flow
- Saturator built with structural steel for easy installation